Can you believe May is practically here? 2012 has been flying by, and I’m not sure I like it! Though I’d like time to pass a little more slowly, I am excited about one thing that comes along with the end of April: a post about my first Foodie Penpals Package!
Lindsay over at The Lean Green Bean started the Foodie Penpals project in September, and I decided to jump on board in April! My package came from Maria of Pappa Don’t Preach, and let me tell you—she set the bar SUPER high. I loved everything about her package, including the zebra print duct tape she used to wrap it up!
Everything was as good as it looked—I promise!
In case you have trouble seeing what’s in the photo, here’s a list of what Maria sent me:
Doctor Kracker Seedlander Snackers
Trader Joe’s Marcona Almonds with Rosemary
Trader Joe’s Organic Ginger Pear White Tea
Trader Joe’s Red Pepper Spread
Nuts Online Cacao Nibs
Nuts Online Organic Raw Cacao Goji Energy Squares
If you’re not jealous—you should be! This package was amazing, and I’ve enjoyed everything in it. My top three favorite items were the almonds (the rosemary seasoning was phenomenal), the red pepper spread (it was great on sandwiches) and the energy squares (they’re naturally sweetened and delicious). Want to know how you can get involved with Foodie Penpals in May? Read on!
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get her mailing address and anything else you might need, like information about allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15, and the box must include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box to a fun recipe—use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your package depending on its size and fragility. Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!
- Foodie Penpals is open to bloggers as well as readers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on her blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month!
- Foodie Penplas is open to U.S. and Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from U.S. to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for May, please click here to fill out the participation form and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by May 4th, as pairings will be emailed May 5th!
Are you involved with Foodie Penpals or another blogging project? If so, share them here—I’d love to learn about more!