Now that Memorial Day has come and gone, I feel like summer is really here. On one hand, I’m super excited about that—I’ve got a summer filled with weddings, races and a vacation! But, on the other hand, all I can think about is how fast time is going! Example: I can’t believe it’s already been a month since my last Foodie Penpals post!
Last month was my first time participating in Foodie Penpals, and I’m so glad I decided to join in! This month my package came from Amanda, and she did a great job. Considering I gave her some unique guidelines (vegan, no refined sugar), she managed to pull together a great assortment of goodies!
That salsa was delicious!
Can’t see what’s in the photo? Here’s a list of what Amanda sent me:
- 365 Freeze Dried Peach Slices
- Fredericksburg Farms Old San Antonio Tomatillo Salsa
- Primal Jerky
- Tazo Peppermint Tea
- Two Degrees Bars
Like I said—Amanda did a great job! I’ve been wanting to try Two Degrees bars for a while now, so I was happy to see not one, but two of them in my package (I highly recommend the chocolate banana flavor). Though I’m not much of a tea drinker, the Tazo tea was also delicious—cool, refreshing AND sweetened with stevia! Everything was awesome, but my favorite item in the package was definitely the tomatillo salsa (and my boyfriend can agree with that one). It had great flavor and an even better kick!
If Foodie Penpals sounds like something you want to try, keep reading to learn how.
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get her mailing address and anything else you might need, like information about allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15, and the box must include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box to a fun recipe—use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your package depending on its size and fragility. Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!
- Foodie Penpals is open to bloggers as well as readers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on her blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month!
- Foodie Penplas is open to U.S. and Canadian residents. Please note, Canadian residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We’ve determined things might get too slow and backed up if we’re trying to send foods through customs across the border from U.S. to Canada and vice versa.
If you’re interested in participating for June, please click here to fill out the participation form
and read the terms and conditions. You must submit your information by June 4th, as pairings
will be emailed June 5th!
If you could create a Foodie Penpals package to send to yourself, what would it include?